Name the precise events and their time course for wound healing of the following tissues and the operations:
b. Clear cornea cataract surgery
c. Limbal incision cataract surgery
d. penetrating keratoplasty
5. Name the strict definition of a "granuloma."
6. What are the definitions of choristoma, hamartoma, teratoma. Be able to classify lesions into these categories... for example capillary hemangioma.
7. What is the histological appearance of Berlin's edema? (Commotio retinae)
8. What is the rate of penetration of formalin in tissue specimen?
9. What are the histological features of phthisis bulbi? What is the single most important key histology finding that pervades all of the cases? Hint: ciliary body
10. What is the standard thickness of tissue sections in histology?
11 Arrange the following in order of increasing sizes: neutrophil, lymphocyte, plasma cell, monocytes, red blood cell, basophil, eosinophil, giant cell, epithelioid histiocyte.
12. What is the histological appearance of dermolipoma?
13. Describe the histological appearance of eye in expulsive choroidal hemorrhage.
14. Name the etiology, clinical findings, histologic findings, associations, treatment and prognosis for the following conjunctival lesions:
c. squamous carcinoma
d. allergic conjunctivitis
e. ligneous conjunctivitis
f. complexion associated melanosis
h. PAM with atypia
k. superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis
m. cat scratch fever
n. mucoepidermoid carcinoma
o. spindle cell carcinoma
15. Special stains
a. best overall stain to give general morphology, stains nuclei blue and proteins red.
b. stain to identify calcification(as black in color), such as in band keratopathy.
c.. that turns Aspergillus black.
d. stain to identify lipid as green globules in formalin fixed tissue
e. special stain to identify melanocytes in a case of PAM
f. panel of special stains to identify Rosai Dorfman disease.
a. What is iridodialysis?
b. What is a Vossius Ring?
c. What are the causes of Descemet's membrane rupture and what is the appearance histologically? How is forceps injury discernible microscopically?
d. What is proliferative vitreoretinopathy?
e. What is sclopetaria?
f. What is a retinodialysis?